We run planned activity groups to support older people to make new connections in their community and enjoy time together.
Older people living independently can sometimes experience social isolation.
Our planned activity groups provide a range of programs that promote independence and wellbeing among our clients, as well as provide multicultural connections in the community. Activities are flexible, based on the needs of participants.
Supported by trained staff and volunteers, the groups also provide valuable respite for carers.
We offer planned activity groups in three Melbourne locations – Wesley Linlithgow operates for people aged 65 years and over in the northern region, Wesley St Mark’s supports older people living in the eastern region and Melba Club is based in the eastern region and Shire of Yarra Ranges. People with disability are also welcome to join our programs at St Mark’s.
We welcome you to come and visit one of our programs.
- Healthy three-course social lunches
- Gentle exercise programs
- Conversations and companionship
- Art and craft
- Computer skills
- Sing-a-longs and musical concerts
- Groups with a multicultural focus
- Talks and information sessions
- Regular outings – picnics, garden shows, historical places of interest
When: Tuesday to Friday, 9am – 3pm.
Wesley St Mark's
St Mark’s is a program for people with higher support needs, including dementia. Activities include:
- Conversations around current affairs and events
- Outings – local events, historical places of interest, picnics
- Healthy daytime meals
- Woodwork, gardening and craft
- Weekly men’s and women’s groups
- Cultural groups
- Guest speakers and entertainers
When: Weekdays from 10am – 3pm. Bus group outing every second Saturday.
Do you need respite care?
Wesley St Mark’s also operates a six-bed respite facility, to provide a well-earned break for carers living in Melbourne’s eastern region. Our qualified staff are dedicated to delivering a stimulating experience, enhancing the wellbeing and independence of all clients.
- Local excursions – farm tours, picnics, food experiences
- Crosswords and word games
- Painting classes
- Armchair travel
- Lunch outings
When: Tuesdays, 10am – 3pm.