What is an Individual Support Package?
Individual Support Packages assist people to meet their disability support needs.
The funding, which is provided by the Victorian Government, may be used to buy a range of services and support that you choose to help achieve your goals. This can include individually delivered support and/or group based support such as a day service.
Types of support
An Individual Support Package can help you continue to live in the community by providing support to:
- maintain independence
- keep living in your own home
- move to more independent living arrangements
- participate in the local community
- learn new skills.
Facilitating your Individual Support Package
We can assist Individual Support Package recipients to develop a plan that supports your needs and aspirations. In partnership with you and important people in your life such as family, friends or advocates, we’ll help you think about what support you need and how it can best be provided. We’ll then help write this into a plan and funding proposal for the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS).
Your facilitator will:
- Work with you to assess your short and long term goals
- Assist you with other support services available in the community
- Link you to appropriate services
- Submit your plan and liaise with DHHS on your behalf
We provide this service in Melbourne’s eastern metropolitan region, at no additional cost to funding recipients.
How do I apply?
Contact DHHS Disability Intake and Response Service for more information on eligibility and the application process.