We offer community-based programs that assist young adults with an intellectual disability to make the transition from school to work. Pathways 2 Employment prepares young adults aged 18 to 25 years to enter the workforce.
These pre-employment programs are available to school leavers who are eligible for Future for Young Adults funding and Individual Support Packages from the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) or National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) funding.
We work with each participant to develop an individual action plan, focusing on vocational outcomes. Participants are exposed to a range of training, work and life skills opportunities to achieve their plan, including:
- Certificate 1 in Work Education
- vocational pre-employment training
- group and individual work experience
- work-specific industry visits
- skills development and confidence building
- assistance to gain relevant qualifications
- travel training and driver education to obtain L-plates
- mentoring and ongoing support
- referrals and links to relevant support services
Programs are offered in Broadmeadows, Hoppers Crossing and Melton.